Friday, March 5, 2010

Grandma Shoes


I decided to name this post Grandma Shoes.


Why? You ask.




It perfectly describes my past couple of days...


GRANDMA SHOES


Not only do I feel like Grandma Shoes, I probably need to be wearing Grandma Shoes!


Yes, that's right! I am 27 and need to be wearing Grandma Shoes.


These are the kinds of shoes I normally wear.

Basically some kind of cute flats.
These are the kind of shoes I DREAM about wearing...


I now need to wear GRANDMA SHOES because I am having some problems with my leg.

I went to the doctor on Thursday and she told me I had damaged the tissue in my leg, kinda like a shin splint, and needed to wear supportive shoes! :( Blah!

They also told me I had laryngitis and bronchitis! Double blah! :(

I just had a GRANDMA SHOES weekend!

Grandma shoes are super boring, no fun at all, just blah!

So after I left the doctor, I felt sorry for myself because I was "sick."

I HAD to REWARD myself....

with...


and...

and a HUGE COKE...

Then as though that was not enough. I ate 3 packs of mini Cadbury Eggs. Who would even admit to eating 3 packs of anything! They were the little bags though! :)


In all this I have really learned something about myself. I read all these blogs of people and hear about all these people who "eat in secret." I have always thought to myself....I don't do that. I am not one of those people who stop at McDonalds on the way home from work and order a value meal in secret, then get home and cook dinner and act like I haven't eaten. Even though to be honest when I read about people doing this I thought, hey not a bad idea! Just joking! It is just something I have never done.

BUT, what I do is just as bad.

I REWARD MYSELF WITH FOOD.

When I feel sorry for myself because I AM SICK, or I AM HAVING A BAD DAY, or I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY I DESERVE A COKE, or IT HAS BEEN SUCH A CRAZY WEEK, or SOMEONE HAS HURT MY FEELINGS.......

In ALL those instances I rewarded MYSELF with BAD FOOD!

Thanks for reading ya'll!

Cat

5 comments:

Jenny said...

We will eventually wear super cute shoes! And you leg will heal!

Coke is my secret Lovah. I too reward with a cold one!!

Kristen said...

ooo don't worry, I think we all reward ourselves with food once in awhile. Just last week I ate a bag of those cadbury eggs too! And about a month ago, I ate a super roast beef with onion rings AND fries...we all have our moments, just got to jump back on the wagon and hang in there! xxoo

LDswims said...

Those grandma shoes will get thrown away before you know it! Hang in there - and don't beat yourself up about the food. You realize what it is - and it's ok to do such things - just get back on track with the next meal or the next day. Life is not about deprivation!

Mary said...

Thanks guys! I was having such a DEBBIE DOWNER weekend when I wrote this post. I got over MYSELF, went to church, and got some incouragement! Praise God! I am having a much better week! Thanks again!

Kristin said...

Ugh, I hear you on the food as reward stuff. I've been trying to do other things, like get my nails done, instead. But you can only get manicures every so often...

Post a Comment


Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio