When did I get this big?
I was sitting on my Gran Gran's bed on Sunday night and I looked up and caught a glimpse of me in her mirror above her dresser. I didn't even recognize myself. When did I gain THIS much weight?
This is day 7 of my pre-op diet. I HAVE NOT CHEATED 1 TIME.
Let me tell you, it has been T.O.R.T.U.R.E. all the obstacles I have had to overcome. But, you know what? I DID IT! I did it myself, with help from God!!!! Let me just replay to all ya'll everything I have had to go through food wise.
1. I had to SERVE food, I could not eat, to over 100 recovering drug addicts.
2. Anthony's family had me a birthday party. Sweet huh? Guess what it was basically a freaking cook out. That I could not eat. Home made hamburgers, chicken fingers, rotel dip (if you do not know what this is....it is a southern speciality......1 can of rotel (diced tomatoes and green chillies), hamburger meat, and the biggest block of velveeta cheese you can find, all melted and cooked for hours in a crock pot), and 2, not just 1, 2 cookie cakes. They ALL ate this why I ate some nasty tomato soup and sugar free jello. I will have to add that it was nice for his mom to think of me and make me tomato soup, but it was actually HELL watching everyone else eat that.
3. My whole entire family decided to go eat at Olive Garden last weekend. They invited me to go. I just couldn't even go. Too much TEMPTATION. I ate chicken noodle soup instead. Not the noodles or the chicken......just the soup part.
4. I had to cook for my church. I had to make homemade chicken and rice soup. I had to shred delicious roisterer chicken, that I could NOT eat. I also had to make homemade spinach dip.
5. I had to help set up a table of food as long as an entire room for our church meal after service. Half of the table was nothing but desserts. I had to watch everyone else eat and eat and eat, tons and tons and tons of food. I had some juice out of the soup I made. Not the chicken or the rice.....just the soup.
6. There was a huge cake there on Sunday. Probably one of the biggest cakes I have ever seen. My brother in-law made it. He makes the best birthday cakes you have ever tasted. I mean THE BEST. There was at least half of the cake left. You want to know what I got to do? It was my job to cut the cake in gigantic hunks and wrap them up for people to take home. I couldn't even lick my fingers.
Is that not some obstacles?????
Did I mention I am almost, almost, like if a couple hairs fell out of my hair, away from 8 pounds down?????
I have lost 8 pounds.
I am really proud of myself.
Tomorrow I start my clear liquid diet. I get to do fun stuff tomorrow also. I go to my nutrition class, go to my pre-op appointment, and meet my surgeon. I also get to clean my poop out. So much to look forward to :)
I still can not believe I have accomplished a liquid diet for the past 7 days. I never dreamed I would be able to do it. I think I just knew I had to. This is my only option left. I have to make it work. I feel like I will make it work. I feel good today. I have felt good since I have gone on this diet. I feel light. I am happy. 7 months ago this all seemed like a dream. It feels like a reality now. I know I can this. I already am doing it!